Thursday, April 13, 2006

Wire-less Internet Disconnection

Some idiots decided to steal the PLDT cables in our area. As a result, half the households in our village lost their telephone services. Damn!

And telephone services, in my case, include internet connection. Double damn!

So, for the first time in such a long while, I had to read news from a real newspaper. Go outside to know how the weather is. Use a real radio when listening to music instead of the usual net streaming. Share opinions with friends using old-fashioned kwentuhan as opposed to the forum or bulletin board system. Wait for the cable TV barker channel to show the TV sked. (I suggest you try doing it if you want to test the limits of your patience.) And rely on my mobile phone to get updated on emails from my e-groups.

I was un-wired, disconnected, and virtually non-existent during those days. It was a refreshing change for a while. Then, inevitably, it began to totally suck.


I am in favor for Congress to classify the theft of those telecommunication wires to fall under economic sabotage (if it still not is). It should punishable by death thru strangulation by cable wire or firing squad by Counter Strike enthusiasts. The hassle and inconvenience are simply unspeakable.

1 comment:

andy.kalabasa@gmail.com said...

Oh boy, wait till you have kids. Then the fun starts!