Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Iced Tea

One hot and humid afternoon, my Mom fixes my three-year-old nephew, AJ, a glass of iced tea for refreshment. A few minutes later, AJ surprisingly comes back to my Mom handing her his empty glass.

“You’ve already finished your iced tea, AJ? That was fast,” Mom asks but suspects another mischief was cooked up by her adorable apo.

AJ just smiles naughtily.

“Did you drink all of it? Or was it spilled somewhere, AJ?” Mom asks AJ.

“Fish,” AJ pronounces with his bulol tongue.

Okay, fish. What could AJ have meant with that. My mom was wondering.

Mom goes to the lanai where my brother’s numerous aquariums are located. And there my Mom saw it. A portion of the water in one of the aquariums is slightly discolored and cubes of ice are floating around.

AJ decided that his Dad’s flowerhorns needed some refreshments, too.

No comments: