Sunday, October 16, 2005

Swipe Me Baby

I just fetched my wife from her whole day shopping therapy session scheduled for this weekend. The major malls in the Ortigas area decided that it was already the start of that time of the year when people shift into obscene spending mode in preparation for that much awaited Christmas gift-giving season.

The renewal cards from our credit card company have just been received through the mail a few weeks ago. And together with the cards was a letter informing us that our credit limit has just been increased – a piece of information which drew different and opposite reactions from me and my wife.

And so my wife decided to break-in her new credit card. A blanket permission to use it for this weekend was granted after a thorough deliberation. My wife pointed out that she needed to test it out just to be sure.


There were two major concerns. First, are the magnetic strips of these cards functioning properly? And second, was the credit card company not just pulling our leg when it said that they increased our credit limit?

For the first concern, my wife did find out that the magnetic strip of her credit card could stand repeated and continuous swiping during her visits to the various shops in the mall. No problem with that.

But for the second concern, well, we didn’t find out about it right away. And I just hope I don’t find out about it in a financially straining manner.

No comments: