Thursday, October 20, 2005

It's-Not-Really-Butter

A few weeks ago, my wife decided to hoard on some personal items when The Body Shop in Shangri-La went on sale. It’s her way of coping up when she misses shopping at Bath and Body Works in LA.

I have posted here before about our nightly rituals before going to bed. And with my wife’s kikay artillery fully loaded with new items, her post-bath rituals at night time took a little bit longer than usual. I even saw her applying some sort of cream I haven’t seen before.

“What’s that you’re applying on your arms and legs?” ignorant husband asks.

“Butter,” wife replies matter-of-factly.

“What butter? Non-fat?” husband asks trying to annoy wife who is also watching her telenovela.

“It’s called body butter, dum-dum. It’s a body moisturizer,” wife answers without breaking a beat from her even application of the cream on her legs.

“Ahhhh…” as if husband understands what that is for.

“I think I should apply some on your elbows. They’re very dry,” wife suggests to husband.

“O-kay,” husband agrees uncertainly.

And so that night, my elbows had their first taste of body butter. It was going to be a start of a nightly ritual. And believe it or not, the butter showed results after just a few applications. My elbows aren’t that dry and rough anymore.

Next time, I’ll ask my wife if she can apply some on my knees, too.

I know, I’m a closet metrosexual.

3 comments:

Janette Toral said...

It's ok to be metrosexual these for men. Men have to take care of their skin too.

Anonymous said...

My husband would kill anyone who'd dare call him a metrosexual. But like you, he occasionally uses my body creams on his dry spots, my moisturizer and face cream, and my hair products too. I buy him his own stuff (because mine tend to be more expensive than his and I'd like them to last a bit longer), but he prefers mine anyway. I nearly died when I heard him talking about hair products with the clerk at our local beauty supply store -- he was rattling off names of products that even many of my female friends don't know: Kerastase, Terax, Bumble & Bumble, Komenuka Bijin (I swear), Phyto, and Frederic Fekkai. But no, he's definitely no metrosexual. :)

A.R.Martinez said...

I've been fortunate enough to be blessed with the good genes of my Tatay for my clear facial skin. I don't remember one single time when I had more than two pimples break out from my face. Not even during my hormone-exploding teenage years.

So, knowing this, I never really tinkered with my facial skin. Just mild soap and water every after bath.

But I'm thankful to my wife for teaching me a few things about skin care for other parts of my body.

And just like Gigi, my wife also doesn't want me using her stuff too much. The needs of a closet metrosexual husband are a notch lower in priority than a wife's kikay demands.