Friday, February 17, 2006

Turning 34

"You're turning 34!" wife exclaims.

"Yeah, I know," husband says, eyes not leaving the book he is reading.

"You're already in your mid-thirties," wife says.

Husband stops reading his book. Then he looks at the wife.

"Ha ha ha! You're old!" wife teases.

"Look who's talking. I'm just one year older than you are."

"But still," wife interrupts. "I still belong to the Early Thirties bracket. While you are already entering the Mid Thirties."

"Yada yada," husband goes back to his book.

"So what do you want on your party?" wife asks.

"People who are in their mid-thirties don't like parties," husband states sarcastically.

"So we're not throwing a party this weekend?"

"No."

"Okay. Suits me just fine. I won't have to worry about the menu."

A few moments of silence as the two decide to just read their respective books.

Husband breaks the silence. "We haven't done a white party yet. You think that would be cool?"

Wife raises an eyebrow on hubby.

2 comments:

arGlene said...

What is a 'white party'? :P

Have a wonderful birthday Sir!

A.R.Martinez said...

Thanks!

A 'white party' is where all the guests come in white attire. At least that's what I read in the magazines of my wife. =) And I just found it so cool I'd like it on my own party.

I'm just not sure if there are other types of 'white parties' though.