Thursday, February 23, 2006

Discover Philippines II

I've found it!

A few weeks ago, I posted an entry about the latest Smart / DOT TV ad featuring the various tourist spots in the Philippines. And I was particualry intrigued by the shot of what seemed like a chapel inside a cave. But I didn't know where in the Philippines it is located.

And last night, as my wife and I were surfing the net, looking for travel packages online for our summer destination this year, we stumbled upon the Wow Philippines website. (And as I also found out, the Department of Tourism wasn't able to get the domain name of www.wowphilippines.com. They, instead, settled with www.wowphilippines.com.ph.)

PeƱablanca CavesAnd there I saw it. The PeƱablanca Caves located in Cagayan Province. The TV shot on the commercial and the pics on the website are just a taste of it. I'm sure that it's pretty much more grand and breath-taking once you reach the place.

It may take a lot of planning to be able to shedule a trip to Cagayan. Not to mention a lot of convincing on who would be helping out in driving. Coz for those who know me, I'm really super-lazy when it comes to driving. Especially long-driving. But I feel that it would be worth it as I discovered that there are a lot more tourist attractions in that area of the Philippines.
Tarsiers
But for now, our focus is on Bohol. It's our first time there this summer. And boy, are we excited. Especially my wife who insists that I take some very good pictures of the tarsiers in Bohol. She plans to have some blown up pictures printed and compare it with one of her officemates who, according to her, looks like a tarsier.

No comments: