Sunday, July 31, 2005

Fashion Police

"Nag-uulit pala ng damit si Regine." My wife commented.

"Ha?" I asked, not sure what she meant.

We were having our Sunday lunch. And the TV in the kitchen was tuned in to SOP. It was a taped episode of their grand launch for their own version of the GMA Filipino channel in the States. Another chapter in the never-ending Battle of the Networks between ABS and GMA.

"Yang suot ngayon ni Regine, naisuot na nya dati yan. Dun sa telenovela nila dati ni Richard Gomez." explained my wife, referring to Regine Velasquez who was performing a series of makapatid-litid belter songs with Jaya.

I stopped chewing my food.

How did she know that? She actually remembers? And that single episode in the telenovela she was talking about was aired eons ago. And she freakingly remembers? Heck, I can't even remember what I wore to sleep last night. And she remembers a singer repeating an outfit?

My wife continues to amaze me. I temporarily forgot. I am married to a fashion police.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, women. Most of them are. Kahit na anong tagal pa nangyari yung natatandaan nila. Kaya mahirap makipag-talo sa mga babae. Bumabalik ang mga nakaraan.

A.R.Martinez said...

@kates
Looks like you were talking based on experience. =)