Sunday, July 24, 2005

Morbid Tales

I have a friend who has weird knack for telling stories about dead people. For the purpose of concealing her identity, let's just call her Tish.

On one of our long road trips, my friends and I discovered this strange choice of subject of our dear friend. Somehow, whenever Tish would start telling a story, the person in her story would always end up dead.

And do you wanna know what she does on her spare time? She browses through the Obituary Section of the newspapers. Why she does that? Two reasons. First, there might be someone she knows who died recently. And second, she just tries to figure out the reason why the person in the obituary died.

I am actually impressed as she can sometimes link the name in the Obituary to a news report about a road accident a few days back by just basing them on the few available info. I know, mala-CSI. A very odd talent. An odd, yet impressive talent.

I have some very weird friends.

No comments: