Thursday, November 17, 2005

The House

It was already past midnight. We just came from the wake of a friend’s Mom in Araneta Avenue. And since our route going home would pass by Quezon Av, the ladies insisted that we drop by the Pinoy Big Brother house and take a look. Just for curiosity’s sake. Yeah, right!

My car’s hazard lights are turned on as I stop a few meters away from the house. Our wives have already gone down to take a look at that now famous house near the ABS-CBN compound. I think I even saw a camera crew in front of the house. Maybe they’re taping for an episode to be aired tomorrow.

Pre, I think they’re shooting something. The red light of the camera is turned on,” my friend Chito tells me.

Taena pre, I just hope my car’s plate number cannot be read at this distance in case the camera focuses our way,” I told him.

I take a look through my side view mirror. There seems to be some commotion now. The ladies began approaching the guy in front of the camera. Could it be one of the housemates?

My wife hurriedly comes back to our car. As she searches her bag for her cellphone, she tells us that it is JB, an evicted housemate, who is taping in front of the camera. She needs to take a picture - hard evidence to be shown to officemates the following working day.

As my friends and I wait inside the car, we see traffic slowing down as cars passing by The Loop take a look at the shooting going on. A few moments later, the ladies already came back; cellphones filled with shots of one of the newest celebrities in the Philippines.

“So how was it?” I ask them.

“JB is cuter in person than on TV,” my wife replies.

“Too bad it wasn’t Sam, huh?” I tease my wife.

Oo nga eh. If it were Sam shooting there, you guys might have gone home without me.” My wife’s statement elicits laughter from the group.

“Oh yeah? You guys are lucky. If that were Mariel doing her update, you guys might have to take a cab going home. Coz I would have definitely stayed on.”

More laughter inside the car.

2 comments:

arGlene said...

So you're a fan of Mariel eh? he he

A.R.Martinez said...

*blushes* =)