Sunday, November 20, 2005

Matchpoint

power serve The tennis match is finally over. The awarding ceremonies have just been concluded. And the picture-taking series with fans and relatives has just been completed.

Riza sits on her chair as sports reporters from various media organizations interview her - the latest sensation in the Philippine tennis scene.

"How was playing here in the Philippines different from the other competitions you join back in the States?" a reporter asks her.

"For one, I'm really glad for all the support I've been getting from all of our friends and relatives here in the Philippines. Back in the States, when I compete, it sometimes becomes so lonely since it is very seldom that a big crowd would be there in the stands to cheer me on. So, it was a really nice experience to have all the moral support I've been getting from all of you guys," Riza replies.

riza zalamedaRiza Angela Zalameda shall be one of the Philippines' representatives in Women's Tennis in the upcoming SEA Games.

And Riza, you ain't seen nothin' yet. In a few days, when you step again on that center court carrying the colors of the Red, White and Blue, it wouldn't be just us, your relatives, who would be cheering you on. I'm sure that a lively crowd of your Filipino countrymen would be watching and supporting you all the way.

Congratulations, Riza, for winning the 2nd leg of the Holcim ITF Philippine Women's Circuit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

might be interested in the pic I posted in my friendster - that of the SEA Games mixed doubles gold medallists @ an_cal@yahoo.com.