Friday, November 04, 2005

Miss Universe

“Guess whom I saw earlier while roaming around the mall waiting for you,” I say to my wife in between sips of iced tea.

“One of the Viva Hotbabes?” wife guesses. She knows that female stars belonging to such sexy groups could definitely bring excitement to a celebrity sighting for her husband.

“Not really. But quite close in terms of popularity to the male species. Even surpassing the Hotbabes in terms of babe factor, I would say. She’s not a sexy actress though.”

Wife gave it some thought while dipping some fries on catsup. But eventually gave up easily. “So who was it?”

charlene gonzales“Charlene Gonzales,” I proudly inform her as if I actually met and talked with Charlene.

“Oh yeah?”

“Yup. Saw her upstairs on my way to meeting you here. She was browsing thru some furniture shops in that section.”

“What was she wearing?” asks my wife of one of her idols in terms of beauty and class.

“Just a simple striped tee, faded jeans and rubber shoes. Very casual,” I inform her.

“She looks like a doll, huh?” wife says with the “huh” habit that refuses to die down even if we’ve already gone home from LA for about four years now.

“Uh-huh,” I reply trying to tease my wife with my own “uh-huh” habit. “Absolutely one of the prettiest faces I’ve seen. I almost knelt down in front of her and offered prayers to a goddess.”

“But you did wipe that drool off your mouth, right?”

“Yup. Good thing I didn’t forget my hankie.” I say while wiping my mouth with a table napkin after munching the last bite of my burger.

I’m not exactly a big fan of local movies. My wife had to resort to bribery and blackmail tactics just for me to accompany her to watch the latest Aga movies. But all of those are in vain.

But Charlene Gonzales is Charlene Gonzales. And seeing her in person, even if just in her casual wear, definitely made my day yesterday.

2 comments:

arGlene said...

I also had the privilege of seeing her closely. We used to be in the same department in College way back 1994, same floor, their room is two rooms next to us and I really experienced (together with my friends) watching her in front of the class doing her report.

She's really nice. :)

A.R.Martinez said...

Must have been hard to concentrate on whatever it is she was reporting if I were her classmate. :)