Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Battle of the Sexes

During the holidays, my friends and I played Battle of the Sexes. It’s a fun-filled, kinda-educational board game that is best played during parties among couples. And the whole idea of the game is to see which among the players knows more about the interests of the opposite sex.

From one deck of cards, males are asked questions about fashion, cosmetics, dining etiquette, and other girlie stuff. While from the other deck of cards, the ladies are asked questions about sports, automotives, alcohol and other guy stuff.

I am not sure if my wife was proud of me that I knew stuff such as exfoliation, Chanel Number 5, the proper way of holding a glass of white wine, and even the description of the empire cut. But our friend Chinky was definitely showing violent reactions for every correct answer I made.

"Sister, I don’t know how your OC husband knows all these things. And I don’t know if I’ll be impressed or what. Could this be your influence? I bet he reads all of your fashion magazines," Chinky tells my wife.

First of all, my dear friend Chinky, I am not OC. So what if I want all of the cards arranged properly before playing the game?

And secondly, I didn’t get knowledge about all those stuff from my wife’s magazines. I’ve said it before here in this blog – I’m a closet metrosexual.

No comments: