Thursday, September 08, 2005

The Way You Look Tonight

The soft glow of our bedside lamp serves as the only illumination in our room. Shadows seem to move swiftly yet smoothly as casted on our bedroom walls and curtains. Anyone passing outside our house would have seen our shadows had they looked up to the windows of our bedroom by the veranda.

The aroma of the scented candles also helps set up the romantic tone. Outside, the stillness of the night is abruptly shattered by the sudden downpour of the rains. But Michael Buble is undaunted as he croons in the background. The Buble CD is the perfect music for this occasion.

Someday, when I'm awfully low,
When the world is cold...
My wife and I love this song. The romance in My Best Friend's Wedding gave new life to its lyrics. But for us tonight, it is the perfect ballad to set the mood. I warmly hug my wife as we dance slowly around our bedroom. We take leisurely, deliberate steps as we waltz around our private little world.

As we look into each other's eyes, we sing the words of the song. Softly whispering into each other's ears.

And we suddenly saw the humor in what we were doing. We break into a laughter that abruptly ended the sweet dance we were doing just a few moments ago as we realize how unfitting the lyrics of the song is to our present appearances.

I will feel a glow just thinking of you...
And the way you look tonight.
I was already in my usual sleeping attire -- sando tucked in my boxers and all. And she was in her oversized shirt with her face freshly applied with moisturizer and patches of medicinal acne cream. Yeah, how romantic, the way we look tonight.

1 comment:

Jensgalore said...

That's the nice thing about married love though - it's not dependent on the way you look. :)