Thursday, August 25, 2005

Blas-phemous Rumors

"You guys left me at the back of the pick-up truck?" Chito asked.

"Oo pare, we couldn't wake you up eh. Alangan namang isampay ka na naman namin sa gate ninyo gaya nung dati. That's why we decided to leave you there to sleep," Karlo answered him.

"But I woke up inside the house of Blas?" Chito said trying to recall the events of the previous weekend when we drank oursleves senseless up in the mountains of Antipolo.

I slept at Karlo's place that night since I didn't wanna go home that drunk. And Blas was our gay friend who was also the caretaker of the house where I parked my vehicle at that night.

"Yup, I saw you sleeping inside the house when I went there to get my car," I told Chito.

"Weird... I don't recall waking up from my sleep at the back of your pick-up and entering the house to continue my sleep there," Chito said, a bit confused. "Ahh, I was too wasted to remember, tol," he added.

Karlo and I looked at each other. Dirty minds add up these things pretty quickly. One drunk friend, plus one gay guy, plus memory gaps equals high probability that bad, bad things had happened.

And as if on cue, Karlo and I erupted into a laughter.

"You sure that's the only thing you don't remember, pre?" Karlo asked Chito.

I quickly added, "You know what, when I went there to get my pick-up, Blas was already up. Seemed very happy that morning. He was smoking in the garden when I saw him, talking to his plants."

"Hmmm... Blas was smoking? Katatapos lang siguro," Karlo smiled naughtily.

I couldn't help but laugh.

Chito got the joke. "Taena nyo tol! Walang ganyanan. Nothing happened. I was wasted but not that wasted."

"We're not saying anything here. Even you are wondering why you woke up inside the house, don't you?" I said.

"Oo tol. But I was probably just too drunk to remember myself going inside the house," Chito justified.

"Yeah, probably," Karlo and I chorused with smart-ass smiles in our faces. Then we erupted into another laughing fit.

We shall never know if anything improper did happen that night. But the rumor is still alive in our barkada after more than 10 years since that hazy and crazy Saturday night.

2 comments:

E. S. de Montemayor said...

well... the only way to find out is to ask Blas. Yari kayo kung ngingiti sya may buhok nakaipit sa ngipin nya.. hehehe.. and i'm sure yung dried marks sa edge ng mouth nya ay morning laway lang.... :)

A.R.Martinez said...

Blas has long been gone. So there's really no way to confirm it with him.

Read my next entry on another possible explanation to this 'experience'.