Sunday, August 28, 2005

Live Vs. TV

My Top Ten Reasons why watching the UAAP game live yesterday with my wife is a lot better than watching it on TV:

10. Watch the coliseum fill up with people, mindless of the first game going on in the hardcourt.

9. Enjoy the slam dunking exhibition of JC, Japeth and Rabeh during the pre-game warm-ups.

8. Play spot-the-celebrities-in-the-crowd.

7. Boo the refs and shout invectives for every bad call they make.

6. Shout my voice hoarse for every slamdunk and shotblock Japeth and JC make.

5. Throw a punch in the air for every three-pointer LA and Jai connect.

4. Do the bounce while shouting the 'Go 'Teneo' cheer for every rally the Blue Eagles mount.

3. Enjoy the half-time antics and crowd reactions during time-outs which are not usually caught on cam.

2. Sing my Alma Mater song together with my blue-blooded brothers as we savor a very hard-earned win by our team.

And the #1 reason why watching the game live yesterday was a lot better than watching it on TV...

(drumroll)

My wife broke her jinx of the Ateneo losing whenever she watches the game live.

No comments: